++++++++Days to Baby++++++++

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Update and Society's IF view

Update - U/S and B/W this morning "all good." YIPPIE!!!!!!!! Lucky numbers for today are PRIME numbers - 11 and 13 - yes I am a Math nerd!! They say good things about my RE visit today. 11 follies growing strong and the 2 lead follies are over 13mm with the other 9 between 12 and 9mm. My lining is around 7 or 9. I am not quite sure b/c the screen was a bit hard for me to see. NP left follie measurements on screen for DH and I - we studied it and celebrated! So I am staying on same meds and visiting RE again on Friday.

On to what I see about society's IF view - I watch the ABC soaps b/c I am unemployed and bored! On GH, there have been some various issues going on about children and pregnancy. Of course, as usually, women are cheating and lying about whose child they are carrying. However, I have been following the struggle of one couple TTC when the DH has no children and the DW has two from previous marriage. At the same time, there is a younger single women who wants to have children but does not want to wait for the right man, who wants children too. Now I think the writers made a mistake in how they are approaching the storyline, that is if they are trying to recognize the struggles of IF. Rather than go into a long rant that nobody will want to read, I just wanted to say that someone should build a story - a real-life story - about what we truly go through from all angles. I think it would do society good b/c there are probably many couples/people who think they are alone.

Before I found the boards and blogs, I felt alone! Of course, logically, I knew I was not alone b/c I was not the only person I knew having a hard time getting preggo and there are all those other patients at my RE's office. However, emotionally, I felt extremely alone! I found the boards and lurked a bit, then joined. I connected to blogs recommended by board members. I lurked then I recently created my own blog. Now not only do have others to talk with but I have an outlet to discuss my frustrations, elations, confusions, and such. Other people may not have the resources to find these connections. Even if they are going to an OB or RE for help, they may not know about these communities of great gals and guys who can help them come to terms with what they are going through. They may not know where to go for advice or just to vent knowing they will not be judged. It would be great if the powers that be in our society, unfortunately I am speaking of Hollywood, would fess up to what they are experiencing and get it out to the public.

Come on, we all know that the older women out there in Hollywood who are preggo are doing it through some sort of ART. They need to stand up and let everyone know that there is hope and support. And I mean in the right way, with reality in mind.

Okay so I ranted on and on anyway - SORRY but really come on, with all the reality shows out there and Oprah's health-focused shows, someone should be thinking about this. I have some great friends but I feel as though they are avoiding me b/c they don't know what to say. I am a very open person so I have not been hiding any of this. I thought my openness would help family and friends see that they don't have to avoid and fear me!

Well this is just another post of me getting it out in the open! TIA for reading and commenting.

4 comments:

Soapchick said...

Welcome to blogland. You are not alone here. Best wishes on your IVF treatment!

Happy said...

I came her through Lost and Found...hope you don't mind if I follow your journey? My husband also has infertility issues (nada!) and we're pursuing donor insemination.

hoping4baby said...

Tracers - I certainly do not mind if you follow my journey! That's one of the reason I am here - to help others in any way possible! I went to your blog but I see you have it protected. I do like your book club blog. Nothing for Jan or Feb?

hoping4baby said...

Soapchick - thanks for the wishes! I plan to look at your blog more tomorrow - until then . . . All kinds of good vibes to all!